While Setting up a Modpack on your Minecraft Server Hosting plan can sound like quite the task, it is actually quite simple. Whether you are looking to spice up your gameplay or try out something new, modpacks can give an entirely different experience depending on the modpack you go with. This guide will cover step-by-step how you can set up any modpack on your Minecraft Server.
Add a Modpack to Your Server
- Login to your Game Management Panel and double-click the Minecraft Instance on which you would like to add a Modpack.
- Click Stop and wait for the server to full stop before proceeding.
- Retrieve the Modpack of your choice from their Official Download page and then use one of the following methods to upload it to your server: Upload it to your server using the Minecraft File Manager or by connecting to your server with SFTP.
Or, use the Download Here tool in the Game Management Panel by navigating your way to the FIle Manager and right-clicking to get the menu below:
Click the Download file here button and paste the Direct URL of the modpack of your choice in the text field and click OK.
- Once the files are fully uploaded and present in your File Manager, if it is a compressed file such as a .Zip archive, right-click the file and click Extract.
- Take note of the Minecraft Server JAR file name that the modpack of your choice is using (reference your modpack’s documentation to see which .jar file is the one you are meant to use). In this case, ours is called minecraft_server.jar.
- Navigate using the menu on the left side of your screen to the Configuration Section.
- Click on the Server Settings Option.
- Look for the Server JAR option and click Scan for New JARs in order to ensure the system has a current list of JARs to display.
- Using the dropdown menu, Select the JAR file name that Matches the name we took note of in Step 5.
- Check your modpack’s documentation to confirm what version of Java it requires and confirm that the version is set by navigating the Configuration menu and clicking onto the Java and Memory Section.
- On this new page you will see a section called Java Version. Select the Java Version using the dropdown menu.
- You are Almost Done! Just head over to the Console and Start your Minecraft Server.
Note: If you had a prior world present you may need to rename or remove that world in order to allow your modpack to properly generate a world and start as intended. How to Create a New World on your Minecraft Server.Note: Modpacks come in various shapes and sizes, certain packs will require more resources than others, please review your modpacks recommended hardware requirements to ensure you have the correct Minecraft Server Hosting plan for your needs.
Congratulations! You are now set up with your very own Modded Minecraft Server running your modpack of choice. Don’t forget to bookmark our Minecraft Server Hosting Product Guide for more helpful tutorials on how to build and manage your game server.