What is Magento?
Magento Open Source is a free open-source eCommerce software that is designed for large scale stores with complex needs. It is typically an ecommerce solution that a business has graduated to due to smaller and more simple cart systems not being sufficient.
If this is your first ecommerce shop and you are not a php developer, generally we recommend checking our options on our Ecommerce Hosting page. Magento is a brilliant ecommerce system, but it is typically used by larger companies. Think at least $10K/mo to make Magento worth while and the tipping point is more likely for stores over $30k/mo for it to really shine cost versus benefit wise.
There are two version of Magento now. Adobe Commerce is the enterprise paid version that is available from Adobe. Magento Open Source is the popular cart that is typically what people are referring to when “Magento” is mentioned.
These tutorials will include the steps you will take when transferring a Magento.
- Selecting Your PHP Version
- List coming soon!
All Magento Tutorials
- 10 Magento Security Tips
- Adding a Gift Message to Orders in Magento 1.6
- Adding Product Tags in Magento
- Adding Products in Magento
- Adding Store Email Addresses to Magento
- Allowing Backorders for Specifc Products in Magento 1.6
- Approving Customer Reviews in Magento 1.6
- Approving Pending Tags in Magento
- Changing the Default Welcome Message in Magento 1.6
- Changing the Magento 1.6 Login to Case Sensitive
- Changing the Magento 1.6 Startup Page in Admin
- Changing the Year-To-Date Report Dashboard in Magento 1.6
- Changing your Admin Email Address in Magento 1.6
- Changing your Admin Password in Magento 1.6
- Changing your Admin username in Magento 1.6
- Compiling Magento 1.6 to Improve Performance
- Configuring Free Shipping in Magento
- Configuring UPS Shipping in Magento 1.6
- Create Promo Coupon Codes in Magento
- Creating a New Customer Account in Magento
- Creating a New Customer Group in Magento 1.6
- Creating a Poll in Magento 1.6
- Creating a Terms and Conditions Page in Magento
- Creating Product Categories in Magento
- Customer Product Reviews in Magento 1.6
- Delete Customer Group in Magento 1.6
- Deleting a Customer in Magento 1.6
- Deleting a Magento 1.6 Promo Code Coupon
- Deleting a poll in Magento 1.6
- Deleting Product Categories in Magento 1.6
- Deleting Product Tags in Magento
- Deleting Products in Magento 1.6
- Disable the Admin Dashboard Charts in Magento 1.6
- Disabling a Terms and Conditions page in Magento 1.6
- Disabling or Enabling gift messages on Products in Magento 1.6
- Disabling Products in Magento 1.6
- Editing the “404 Page Not Found” Page in Magento 1.6
- Enabling the Debug Profiler in Magento 1.6
- Fixing PHP Memory Errors in Magento
- Forcing Shoppers to Read your Terms and Conditions in Magento 1.6